If you live in Barcelona and want to get the most out of Barcelona’s Christmas time, here are some activities you should definitely check out!
- Mercat de Santa Llúcia, it is placed right in front of Barcelona cathedral and there you will find everything you need to decorate your home for Christmas: trees and its decorations, figures for your nativity such as El Caganer and many more! From there, you can also walk until Plaça Sant Jaume and enjoy watching the giant Nativity set and the city Christmas tree.
- An alternative to this market, you can also walk through the Sagrada Familia fair where you will find artisanal foods and decorations to get your home into a Christmas dream came true.
- Taking advantage that it is not a cold city, you should definitely walk through the center streets and enjoy the Christmas lights. Also, some of the most well-known spots in the city will get ready for this time of the year, such as el Poble Espanyol and the Tibidabo amusement park.
- Get your adventurous self to the last craziness of the year and go iceskating. Although Barcelona is surely not a snowy city, you will find some artificial ice rinks around the city. For example, you will find one in the Illa Diagonal shopping mall. Will you miss this fun opportunity?
- Say goodbye to 2018 in the most local way: save your date on the 31st at 9 pm where everyone will be waiting to welcome the New Year in Font Màgica de Montjuïc (Plaça Espanya). When the clock tick 12 o’clock, eat the 12 grapes as the tradition says and enjoy the fireworks. It will be the most magical New Year’s Eve you will ever live.
- Is there a better way to start a year than receiving presents? As you may or may not know, Spanish children get presents from the Three Wise Kings who arrive on the January 5th. Warmly greet Melchor, Gaspar and Baltasar in any of the parade path which starts in the harbor, followed by Ciutadella’s Park and ends in Montjuïc, so they leave many gifts for you!
Junior Social Media Specialist